The Olive Tree Newsletter - July 2015
This probably finds you all finishing or finished this years harvest. From all accounts it’s been better than last year, and with some top oils.
The annual OSA EVOO and Table Olive Competition is now open for entries. Forms and details are available on the OSA website here (scroll to the bottom of the page), and Royal Adelaide Show website www.theshow.com.au. If you need assistance please contact Michael Johnston on 0419 815 839.
Entries close at 5.00 pm on Friday 7 August 2015, with judging on Saturday August 22.
The Awards evening cocktail party is on Friday 4 September from 6.30 - 8.00 pm in the Goyder Mezzanine at the Royal Adelaide Show. The $45 cost includes entry into the show; come early and enjoy the show before the party.
The National EVOO Competition closes Friday 21 August 2015. Check the website for entry details www.australianolives.com.au
OSA held a table olive course with Rosa Matto at the WEA in July. It was a complete sell-out and an absolute winner. There was huge interest. Feedback indicated that further education into growing, production and pruning was needed.
Rosa is a wonderful ambassador and presenter. OSA is fortunate to have the association with her, and we thank her. Thank you also to Michael Harbison and his family who brilliantly set the whole session up. There was a great atmosphere. Each participant was given some olives and oils. Watch out for the next event.
- The OSA Cellar Door experience in a slightly different format is on again at the Royal Adelaide Show. Volunteers wanted.
- The OSA Show stand is again available for producers to take on a daily basis. Contact Michael Johnston for further details.
- Gawler Show – interested producers are invited to enter this wonderful provincial show. Details and entry forms here.
- Clare Show – Interested growers should contact Michael Johnston for details.
- AOA Conference – This year’s event will be held in Mildura on Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 September 2015. Come for the big picture.
- Fleurieu Food EVOO Competition – This event was a huge success last year. Details and entry forms here.
Finally, congratulations are in order for two of our OSA Committee mothers, Amanda and Trudie. Both now have ‘bonnie wee boys’. Terrific!
QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS
You ask or tell us.
Regards to all,
Please download copies of newsletters below:
Newsletter - July 2015.pdf
Size : 247.264 Kb
Type : pdf
Newsletter - Feb 2015.pdf
Size : 248.824 Kb
Type : pdf